Saturday 27 August 2011

Isles of Scilly Pelagic 12th-14th August

Friday 12th August...Seventeen Hundred Hours...491 55 NA 6*19' W c26mls off the Cornish Mainland...
15-20mph S/W winds light swell... battern down thee aaaatches, pointy end of the boat forward
for I smell Shearwater...




Three hours later...





Sea sickness cures or as I like to call them...



LIES.
#1 Staring at a fixed point on the horizon... (and seriously considering swimming for it)
#2 Smearing yourself from head to foot in Tiger Balm/mermaid scales/Unicorn tears or cow sh*t
#3 Sitting in quiet meditation before exclaiming the Lords name aload and making an offering to his most wobbley of creations (the sea)







''First I was scared I might die, Then I was scared I was going to die, Then I was scared I wasn't going to die''



Bill Oddie on sea sickness whilst sailing to St Kilda.


No comments:

Post a Comment